The gaming laptop market is exploding with new models despite the use of gaming desktops and smartphones. There is a lot of competition in the gaming business. As much as we like the idea of having enough options to choose from, it becomes harder with the numerous options available. You have to decide which one is better and go for it, and that’s not as easy as it sounds.
A lot of things contribute to the type of a laptop you will buy, and some of the factors include your budget and your preferences. When these factors are considered, it is then time to look at the several factors that make one gaming machine better than the other. The specifications of each computer play a major role, while other factors like the speed of the system, storage capacity and power are important.
Today, we are looking at two wonderful brands leading in gaming laptops market for the last several years. The Asus and MSI are two of the best gaming laptop makers you will find worldwide. Both make PCs with great features that are great for the users.
The Asus is relatively new to the video gaming market and they’re trying to steal customers from the MSI that has been around for a while. Asus laptops have great visuals and amazing anti-glare screens that help to reduce strain on your eyes, while also offering different screen sizes. The dual fan thermals improve gaming experience while the back-lit keyboard is pleasing to the eyes and very practical in low light conditions.
MSI gaming laptops have always been gamers favorite and have grown even more popular lately. The MSI might have become lighter in its bodywork, but it retains its durability that it has been known for a while still giving out a great performance.
Let’s take a look at the strengths and weaknesses of both.
- With a VGA like ATI Radeon and NVIDIA GeForce, Asus offers one of the most resistant gaming laptops in the market.
- It comes with high quality and strong motherboard. This doesn’t come as a surprise as they produced only motherboards before they started making laptops.
- At an affordable price, it comes with strong features like the NVIDIA GTX 1080 GPU.
- In a market where no other gamer gives more than one year warranty, Asus comes with a two-year warranty
- Error touchpad and error hard drive complaints by some users with some Asus gaming laptops
- Constant upgrade as often as one month might leave you feeling your laptop is old if you don’t follow suit
- Few numbers of service centers and you have to endure long queues when you want to check your faulty Asus
- Great specifications like the cherry MX speed switches and other amazing programming features
- A lot of thought has gone into the design, and it comes with a sleek design that leaves an impression on anyone that sees it
- The gaming experience is the next level with a fully programmable RGB keyboard and a new level of immersion for all users
- Free damage control protection and accidental damage coverage if your laptop is registered within 30 days of purchase
- As much as this design is sleek, it could offer more in that aspect
- Lack of variety of colours as it comes in only the usual plain black and silver in one case
- Tech support needs to be better as there have been complaints from users about late and incorrect responses from the agents and representatives.
Both the MSI and Asus are great gaming laptops. While Asus offers a strong motherboard, which makes it sturdy. The MSI comes with more sophistication and impressive specifications.
At the end of the day, it is about what you want from your gaming laptop as both give an experience you will enjoy.